
My grandmas wake was last Friday, April 16 and her funeral was last Saturday, April 17.
It is very hard for me to accept that she is gone, but then I remember that she is always with me. I will never forget my memories of her. Never. During the wake, I was told, "You know? You look a lot like her when she was younger." I think thats the best compliment I have ever received in my life. Even though my grandma isn't physically here, she's here through family. She's my dads playful behavior, my grandpas toughness, my cousins kindness, my aunts independence, my uncles manners, but most importantly her love thats seen in all of us when we are together.
Family is such a precious thing. It amazes me how even though we can go days, weeks, months or even years without speaking to one another that when we finally come together again we are all so close. A special bond. I'm very lucky to have that.
While I was visiting Wisconsin, I learned from my grandma that you have got to live life to the fullest. No ifs, ands or buts about it. And along with that, is having your family there with you.
Once I got back to Texas, I had much needed school work to do, exercise and guess what? Work! I'm officially a working woman. Thank goodness because I need some money. My first day was last Wed. I'm rather excited about it.
School is almost over with. Only a few more weeks and I can't wait. I still have a lot of stuff to do though, but thats okay. I'm really starting to like being busy, and not just to keep my mind off things, but because its enjoyable. I still need to look into running a 5k. Oh yes. Did you think I was giving up on that? Because I'm not. I'm getting to the point where I can run about 20 minutes without stopping, which may not be a lot to some people, but for me I'm very proud of myself for doing that. I mean, I'm obviously not the athlete of the family so just doing that is exciting for me. It takes me one step closer to crossing something off my list.
Anyways, thats just a little update in my life. It's way past my bed time.
Good night.
Side note: The picture is something I did for school. Just more art work.
2 comments:
Just to be clear, I'm the athlete of the family right?
<3
Great news about your job! I can't wait to get all my clothes in the mail from you. Just remember I'm a size 0 :)
Post a Comment