Saturday, February 27, 2010

What am I a book and movie critic?


So, random thought of the day. I really need a good book to read, but i'm not sure what to read. I read In the Woods over my christmas break and fell in love with the book, but it also left me feeling really disappointed. The author, Tana French, wrote a sequel and I'm not sure if I want to read it. Sometimes sequels just ruin the first book, so i'm debating if I should get it or not. If you like mysteries and detective books this is a really good book to read, but don't expect a lot of answers.
Oh also, got really into a artist yesterday named Dub_Fx and he is amazing. All of his music, sounds, harmonies and beats are all him. It's pretty incredible and it just kinda inspires you. It makes me want to write more music.

Number 10. Spend time getting my body in optimal shape.
Starting now I'm going to get myself in shape. I've spoiled myself a little too much most of my life. It's time to start working on what I really want. So, for the past few weeks i have written what I eat everyday in a journal and planned to work out 4 to 5 times a week. I've gotten in habit to write in my journal, but haven't quite made the 4 to 5 times a week plan. Now its time to make 4 to 5 times a week work. So, i'm off to the gym. Good luck, Katelan.

4 comments:

ContrerasFam said...

I'm no good at picking books. I usually lean towards N. Sparks, not sure why since I don't truly enjoy them, with the exception of 2 of his books. They are too over the top, but an easy read. The last book I picked out was The Shack, I couldn't finish it. Let me know if you find anything worthwhile to read.

Nice job on working out! Health is so important, we take it for granted! Love you!!

mom2maya said...

Dear Kate,

Your neice and I recommend Junie B. Jones. We find each one hilarious and think you will to, just make sure you read each of the chararcters in a funny voice :P

Much love,
Kris

P.S. Bite 'n Write

Unknown said...

Read "Sometimes a Great Notion" or "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" by Ken Kesey. Two of my all time favorite books.

dustindawnluke said...

The Shack by Wlm. P. Young is a good book. Now, I am not the religious type, but it is about a man who has to come with the terms of his daughter's kidnap/murder. He takes a trip down to the shack were her body was found and he comes face to face with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Did I spell holy right?