Got up at the crack of dawn, an hour before we were supposed to get up I might add. I was so ready to be on the road and to get started. We left early and made our way to the petrified forest in Arizona. After we take our exit to the national park, fumes started to poor into the car and I thought it was the forrest. It smelt like burning wood, but nope. It was the compressor. To the car. It started to smoke. We decided that even though we might break down we might as well continue through the park. We like to live on the edge.
All I have is one word. INCREDIBLE. Holy crap. It was as if I was in a different world. In only 20 something miles I saw so many different terrains. The trail was absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could spend forever there. Honestly, it just shows how mysterious the world is.
After the park we drove to a town called Hollbrook Arizona, to check the car. We were there for about an hour and was told that it would take a day to get the part we need. Once again, my dad who likes to live on the edge told me that we would go to the next town which was a ways away and see if they had the part. I mean by golly we were making it to the grand canyon tonight.
The next town was Winslow, Az. I think I listened to my dad sing "Winslow Arizona" about 5 times. I still don't know what that song sounds like. Anyways we found a place to fix the car.
Oh Winslow, Az, you will always have a place in my heart. I spent four long, long hours with you today. Sat in a room, waiting for the car to get fixed , and watched every single day time Judge show. At first I was grumpy that I had to sit there and wait for forever to have the car fixed, but then I saw two little children running and playing in the halls and noticed that, to them, getting their car fixed wasn't a hassle, but an adventure. I think it gave me a whole different perspective the rest of the day.
After an hour that the car was supposed to be ready, it was finally finished and ready for us to leave Winslow. After hearing my dad sing "Winslow Arizona" one more time we finally made our way out of that town.
And finally made our way towards the Grand Canyon. It was dark, but even then it was still beautiful. I can't wait to see more tomorrow.
1 comment:
haha. i love that you guys like to live life on the edge! who said you can't drive x amount of miles with a bad compressor? they clearly didn't know you and your dad.
and it's true. i remember goign with my family to get the car fixed/cleaned and it was so much fun. but now i hate it, because not only do i have to wait, but i have to pay. hahahaha
i wanna go visit this forest that you speak of.
grand canyon!!! what whaaaat!
Post a Comment