Thursday, January 17, 2013

Week 2: Long week.

Well, I'm feeling much better now. No more cold.

School has begun. I'm taking four classes this semester. All English. I have Romantic Literature, Literary Criticism, advanced fiction writing and finally American literature. I'm really only interested in the last two, but the other ones seem interesting. Even though this semester is going to kill me, I'm looking forward to it. I've read a few short stories for my fiction writing class. The book is called Stay Awake, by Dan Chaon. When I first started reading, it was probably about 12 or 1 in the morning. I didn't realize that the title meant that when you read these short stories, you will be kept awake. Either from the eerie factor, or because it's just an engrossing book. I'm actually excited to talk about it during class.

Let's see. Mostly school took over this week. Nothing too exciting has happened since my last post. I'm just trying to get acclimated to the new semester as well as trying to readjust my sleeping schedule. Boy, that's fun.

Today I had work at 6 in the morning. I wasn't even needed (even my manager asked why I was there) but I worked for a few hours, on no sleep. I stayed up all night. Partly from being a little freaked by the book, but also because I'm dumb and stay up when I shouldn't. I got off work early and rushed to my bed. Thought I'd take a quick nap before my class at 3. Almost slept through it. Thank goodness I woke up 30 minutes before and RACED to school. Only showed up 10 minutes late. Better late than never right?

Tomorrow will be another long day. I have to take Ross to the airport, since he's going on a skiing trip. Poor guy hurt his back today, though. Hopefully he'll still have a good time, and hopefully he'll stay safe. After I take him to the airport I have to go straight to work and then when I'm off, I'll probably start reading a novel for school. That I'm supposed to finish by next class.

And so it begins. 




No comments: