Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hey, Tonsil.

Tonsils.

So, this weekend I was a coach potato. I did not want to be a couch potato, but sure enough I was. I woke up saturday morning with an irritating feeling under my tongue. Almost like a cramp underneath my tongue. Like, what? Soon the right side of my neck started to swell. Can I just say I looked hot? No not really, it was a very uncomfortable feeling. I'm pretty sure it was my tonsils, but maybe not. Luckily my lovely friend joined me and we played video games and watched movies. But on the downside, because of this unfortunate event, I didn't work out for 2 days. I think I started having withdrawals.

It's funny how after working out 4 or 5 times a week for a few weeks can get so addicting. Especially for some one as lazy as me. I mean, I wont lie, there are days when I do not want to go. Although, somehow 20 minutes later I'm there working out feeling super tired, sore and sweaty, but after it feels so good and then I can't wait to go back. I'm obsessed. At least it's a good addiction right?

Tomorrow I go back to school. This spring break made me lazy! I'm so ready to get back into the groove of things. To wake up at appropriate times, and work out in a more routine fashion. Also I can't wait to get busy again. It really distracts me from thinking too much. This spring break I have laid in my bed, hours at a time, just thinking. I've wondered, wished, hoped, analyzed, dreamed, questioned and then realized that I think too much. I remember the past, and I look towards the future, but I never really live in the present. I wish I could go back to the past, or erase something from it and I worry about the future. All this thinking just makes me add more grey hairs to my already greying hair. Staying busy seems to be the thing that keeps me calm, which is weird. Even though I dread all the work thats ahead of me, I'm also super excited to start doing it. I mean I can have my down time when the left side of my throat swells up from my tonsils.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Take vitamin C and E. Please.

ContrerasFam said...

love you! hope u feel better!

brandie perez said...

I'm so glad that your "tumor" is all better. Now, I get to see your lovely face. Because it's been like 2 days.