Sunday, March 7, 2010

Road trip!

I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love road trips. Venturing off with people or just driving by myself, I love them. I love jamming to music with the windows rolled down and the feeling of wind in blowing in my hair. I love seeing different people and places that you wouldn't normally see. I love looking at different people on the road and guessing where they are going and wondering what their story is. The drive was beautiful. Of course knowing me, I took the wrong way, and almost got lost. My GPS, Gertrude, died on me half way there so technically she took me a weird way, but it was so scenic that way. The weather was perfect, sunny and in the 60's. The father I went the more it reminded me of my home town. Huge pine trees, hills, old farms, and the perfect weather. I drove 4 hours and finally reached Nacogdoches, Texas. It was nice seeing my friend, meeting her friends and seeing all the stuff she does there. We had a blast and it was so nice seeing her, but I was glad to get back Saturday evening. What can I say? I'm a home body.

So, here's a rant from katelan: Once I was back, some stuff hit me hard that shouldn't have done the emotional damage that it did, but through the night I realized that I have some really great people in my life and that I shouldn't let such negative stuff get to me like that. I'm so much better now. What happened only made me stronger. And made me so grateful for the things I do have in my life. The end.

Okay, well that was my weekend in a nut shell. I will be busy the next few days with tests, projects and papers, but after that SPRING BREAK, baby!

Side note. I started reading the other book, and so far so good. :)


2 comments:

ContrerasFam said...

Nice trip! Call me this week if you have time! Love ya and good luck on all your tests

mom2maya said...

She always beats me in getting her comments in first!