Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 327: Change is a funny thing, aint it?

Change is a funny thing, aint it? It's very peculiar because most people hate change, but typically change is the best thing to happen for most people. I mean of course it works vice versa too, but who wants to look at the glass as half empty? At least thats what I'd like to think.

 I don't really have any friends.
And no this isn't a pity party for Katelan. For the most part, I'm really content with it, but what does hurt is when i've lost close friends because of change.
I've grown really distant from a lot of people I used to be really good friends with. We were the type of friends who didn't keep secrets. We were so close, you could hardly tell us apart. We were the type of friends who needed each other, and i'm not talking about the kind of friends that you need because it's convienant, I'm talking about the type of friends that you truly need in life, because they make you feel alive, happy.... complete. Atlas, we all change. It's inevitable.

Isn't it funny how distance in time and proximity changes things? Or how a job or school or a significant other will change someone so drastically? It's never a slow evolving change either. It's like BOOM. Completely different.

Now when I say I miss you, it's not that I miss you, wish you were here kind of thing... it's a I miss us and who we used to be, but will never be.

Change is a funny thing, aint it?

But like I said, I'm trying to look at things as the glass is half full.


No comments: