Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 164: Strange man

So sleepy. Today was another eventful day, but this time it wasn't as... medical. I haven't been sleeping well, so waking up this morning was a little difficult. School was fun, got to see my fashions friend work, so that was pretty neat. He uses the best words. Like Janky, for instance. He's a funny friend.
Afterwards I spent the day with my friend Brandie! It feels like years since I haven't seen her, but it's only been a week. We just went and ate some lunch, survived a tornado warning and then later went to an art show of a friends. Afterwards a man hit on us. A creepy man.

Strange man, "Hey, Uh... I'm new here, where is a good place to meet people?"
Brandie, "Well, over on Fry street is pretty good. Oh, and cool beans. It's just over there across the street."
Strange man pauses, looks me up and down, checks out Brandie. I can just feel as though he is undressing me with his eyes. 'Oh gross' I think.
Strange man finally speaks again, "What are your names?"
Brandie doesn't pause at all and just nonchalantly says "Marie." Strange man looks at me. Of course I pause trying to think of a name, anything, but no, nothing comes to mind. "Katelan." I say. "Laylen? Oh thats pretty," says the strange man. 'Thank god he didn't hear me."

I look over at Brandie or should I say Marie, and she is looking at me trying not to bust up laughing, or crying i'm not sure which. "How old are you guys?" Asks the strange man.

Brandie again, quick on her feet says, "17." Strange man slowly backs away from Brandie and moves a little close to me as i'm trying so desperately hard to think of a lie. "Uh.....20." I answer honestly.
As strange man extends his hand out and points to me he asks, "Are you single?"

"No!" After telling us he's trying to be an actor he leaves. And doesn't even bother walking to fry street. In fact he walks the opposite direction, which has no people and is instead a long dark empty street.

I don't understand how people are like that? So forward and... desperate? I just don't get it. Can someone, anyone, please explain this to me?

So that was my day. My head still hurts a little, but I feel as though i'm getting better. Medication is a blessing. Thursday is my CT scan, so i'm guessing this week is going to be very busy.





No comments: