Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 178: Osama Bin Laden is DEAD

Finally I can breath for a little while. A by a while I mean, tonight and tomorrow. Next week I have finals so I have to start studying, but not tonight. I refuse to do anything school related tonight.

REFUSE.

So, instead i plan blog.

Last night, I went to bed early, but when I woke up I saw a lot of tweets, statuses, and comments about Osama Bin Laden. Of course I had just woken up, still in bed, looking at my phone through one eye, since the other one was closed because the light from the phone was too bright. But as soon as I saw DEAD, I was up.
I couldn't believe what I had just read. So once I got up and out of bed I ran to start my computer up, and watched immediately watched Obama's speech.

I was kind of filled with mix emotions. It was weird. It's been TEN years since really thinking about the man and what he did to US. Of course I know he was an awful horrible being, but all I kept thinking was, just because he's dead doesn't mean al queda is done and over with and also, seeing americans celebrating a death reminded me of a Martin Luther King quote, "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but i will not rejoice in the death of an enemy."

So thats just how I felt today.

No comments: