Whoa. It feels like two days have passed since I've blogged, but nope. Just a day.
Today was so long.
Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
Question: What ever happened to Dane Cook?
I had my french test today. There was so much writing involved, I'm pretty sure that I didn't do well because of it. :( Oh well. Now I know what to expect on the next test.
I got in a fight with a friend today. Pretty sure she was super pissed at me, but oh well.
Usually when people tell me their beliefs, I try and see where they are coming from. I try to put myself in their shoes and see through their eyes. I'm not very confrontational, but I honestly believe that I'm right and what she is saying is wrong. I'm sorry if you ever read this. I understand why you believe what you believe and it makes sense that you would believe that, but you are very closed minded for not even considering the other option.
What was the debate, you wonder? It's this:
Are gay people gay because they were born that way or are they gay because they choose to be gay?
Her answer: They choose it.
Mine: Born gay, straight, bi, asexual, whatever the fuck you want to fuck.
Her answer: She supports and loves her gay friends, and in a general, but to her being gay is a sin.
Mine: That's bullshit.
Anyways. It was a heated discussion. It's very obvious that as a straight person, I never really questioned my sexuality. I just knew that I liked boys when I was younger. Then I grew up, hormones happened, maturity happened and guess what? I still like boys...well men actually, but that's beside the point.
I didn't choose it, it just happened. Just like people who like the same sex, just like people who like both. It just happens. It isn't a choice. It's who we are. Humans, who have preferences.
I don't really believe that we as humans are 100% straight or gay. I think there is an enormous spectrum and we fall into categories. I do believe that as we get older, we choose our mates... whether that be male or female, but in our hearts and souls we know what feels right. So sure, I could try and get into a relationship with a woman, but would I really be happy? Would I really want to have a relationship with a woman and sleep with her? Probably not, because I prefer men. Ever since I could remember.
So no. Being gay is not a choice. It's who you are. A human being with a preference.
No comments:
Post a Comment