Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 38: Putting myself out there.

You know, you tell me to put myself out there, but give me no tips on how. 
I don't really know how to do that, but I guess I'll try. 

You tell me to get out of my comfort zone, and go after what I want, but I think what I want and what you think I should want are two different things. Sometimes I feel like you just wish I were popular and maybe lived a different life. 

If you can't tell already, I don't like drinking... and a lot of people my age do. It's hard to click with people when I don't even have that in common. I'm a rare 21 year old. I'm very introverted. Sometimes people need to be with others and sometimes people just need to sit alone to collect themselves. The latter is me. I don't think you realize how much 'me' time I need, and I don't think you realize that it's okay. Don't pity me because I sit in my room and read, or write, or play video games. I enjoy those things. I may not be exciting, but do I have to be for you? Will you feel more proud if I have more friends?

I know you want me to be happy, but what you believe as happiness isn't the same as my definition of happiness. 

I want to become more independent and grow up, but I need help in that. Not gaining more friends. Help me grow up, so that I can get out of my comfort zone. Teach me how to budget, and pay bills and look for good deals on cars and most of all support my decisions. That's all I'm asking. And please stop telling me to put myself out there because it really just makes me feel like you're calling me a loser and a baby... I mean, I already put myself down enough as it is... I don't really need your help too. 
Well, I hope by writing this you can see that I tried to put myself out there. I was just being honest, and letting you know what I want. Unless this isn't what you meant?

No comments: