Wow, first off I just want to say that my heart goes out to all those affected by the quake and tsunami.
I feel like the last few years, mother nature is taking a beating on us. This earthquake, earthquakes before, hurricanes, tsunamis, volcanoes, tornadoes, etc. I mean, She is telling us something. Obviously it's that we haven't been very good to Her. I know that earthquakes are natural, and that they happen rather frequently in Japan, but an 8.9 magnitude earth quake? That's huge, and not only is that huge, but one hasn't been that large in the Pacific Ocean in at least 50 years. It really makes you stop and think... I mean the one that hit Haiti awhile back, shook Earth right off its normal axis, granted it wasn't by a lot, but still. It also makes you wonder... are these natural disasters really natural? Or are they happening with more velocity, more force and more frequently because of us?
I mean, natural disasters are going to happen no matter what, but maybe they are occurring more often and more violently because we aren't doing a very good job at taking care of our planet. Global warming is happening. I hate when people think that when they have a freezing cold winter they say "Hah, global warming my ass, it's 20 degrees out, and usually our winters are in the 50's..." Do they not realize that its about climate changes that are more drastic and extreme. So don't tell me it's not Global Warming, because it is and its happening and its caused by US. We can surely do things to prevent Global warming to slow down, but we aren't and its a very sad thing. I know I could start doing more, and I will. Just wish other people would realize this too.
You know? With all these "natural disasters" going on i'm starting to believe in 2012 more and more. It's time to live it up, or change.
Okay, my rant it done.
Again, all my thoughts go to the people of Japan and everyone affected.
DAY 3: A song that makes me happy.
It was hard to pick a song that makes me happy on a day like this where hundreds of people are dead, and many others are hurt or suffering, but this song reminds me of how beautiful this world is, and there is always hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment