I've been sitting here, staring at my blank computer screen for the last 15 minutes trying to think of todays topic.
About my parents.
I've been thinking, do I write a story about them? Lay down the facts? Describe them? What!?
'Your Parents' is a very broad topic.
I can only think of describing to you, what they mean to me.
A laugh from my mother is probably one of the greatest things I love about her. Now, I'm sure you're probably thinking, a laugh? Really? Out of so many things you pick a laugh? (Mom, I'm sure you are wondering this too.) Well, let me explain to you why her laugh is one of my favorite things. My mom has always been fun. She likes to go out and have a blast, or stay in and have company over, she's all about living her life to the fullest. She also has many different laughs that go along with whatever she is doing, but my absolute favorite laugh is when it is just her and me and we'll have our own little inside joke. It's a moment between her and I that I will never forget. Her laugh is so genuine, and her eyes are so bright, and she is just so full of life that it makes me feel so warm and happy inside. She looks absolutely beautiful and so happy. Those moments, that laugh gives me the best memories that anyone could ever ask for because when she laughs, and smiles and I see that twinkle in her eye, I know my mother loves me more than anything, and that is one of the best feelings ever.
My dad is the type of man that no matter what mood you are in when you first talk to him, you will end up either laughing your butt of or feeling at ease. No matter who I meet, there will always be a story that I need to share with someone about my dad because to me he's one of the coolest people I know. Well, maybe not "cool" ;) but he is someone who I look up to. Not that I don't look up to my mother, because I do, but with my dad it's different. His personality is something I wish to have. He's calm in almost every situation, he's so generous, so compassionate about things that should matter. He takes the Bob Hessel gene when it comes to being an honest man. He's a big kid, who always makes me laugh no matter how dumb he looks. And like my grandmother Polly, he has a huge heart, and through his jokes and his stern honesty he does what he can to give me the best life possible.


I think I lucked out having such great parents!
2 comments:
I love you Katelan. We are lucky to have you in this family!
Auntie Lynn
Thanks, Darlin.
Dad
Post a Comment