Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 22: Square...times, what?

Oh god. All I want to do in life is get a penthouse in New York and live here forever. Not really, but sort of. New york is absolutely beautiful, even the dirty parts I find intriguing.

Today Lynn got up early and went to a coffee shop to work on her script, so I could sleep in. I think I woke up like 30 minutes after she left, so I just took a really long shower and got situated in our little hostel. When she came back, we went downstairs, well we had to come back up because we forgot our "ticket" for our free breakfast, but eventually we made it to breakfast. We received beagle, and an apple and could get some cereal. We met a lady from switzerland, laughed at the power going out every 10 minutes, got lost on our way out of the kitchen and all in all had a great time.

After our breakfast we traveled to the subway station. That was its own adventure. First, we had to find someone who could tell us where one was, then find a place to buy a 7 day pass, then figure out how to use them, then figure out where the subway system actually goes. If it wasn't for Lynn I'd still be in Queens trying to make it back to Manhattan!

Once we sorta figured it out (we being Lynn and the help of others) we made it to times square, but didn't actualy look at it and walked a few blocks to Schwarzman(ill have to come back and correctly spell this) library. Before we got there we stopped along the way to little shops and parks. Finally at the scwartzman library, The public library where ghostbusters took place. We worked on Lynns script most of the afternoon until lunch break then got right back to it until dinner. We came back to the hostel, dropped off our things and went to eat at chipotle. After that we wanted to take a trip to times square, so we made our way to the subway, only this time we went to the wrong one. We had to call customer help to ask which side of the subway trakc we should be on to get to the place we desired, but while on the phone, we forgot where the hell we were going. Ppffh...uh..that one place... You know? Oh Square times!! That's it! Wrong again, but it was close enough. He told us what we needed to know. We got to walk around times square and later we went and saw a movie. Even the theaters are awesome.
Now I'm in my not so creepy hostel about to pass out!

No comments: