Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 27: I'M HOME!

Dad heres my post from a few days ago:
Holy crap is all I can say about today! Got up at 8, ate breakfast at the hostel, and then left for lafette street to go rush a play called the GATZ, which is a play about the Great Gatsby. We got there around 1130, waited in line to get on a wait list and then had to wait to see if we made it. Waiting felt like eternity. Lynn and I both didn't want to get our hopes up because we knew we might not be able to go. "Tim, Andrea, Lisa?"...the girl with the clip board called out the names of the people who could purchase the tickets. I over heard the girl next to me tell a man next to her "usually only 3 or 4 people make it, and they've already called 3." Oh good god I thought to myself. Maybe in another minute they'll call more people. We are practically next on that list!! As I was thinking this in walks Cynthia Nixion, well known for Miranda from Sex And the City!!! And she was picking up tickets for the show! The same freaking show. I was so freaking excited. I watched her, took a crappy picture of her and was even more eager to see the show. And you know what? We got in! We actually got to go. Lynn paid for it and I couldn't believe it. It was so expensive and she was like"Don't worry about it." Of course i'm going to worry about it, it was a lot of money. God she is a wonderful person. The play was fabulous. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. I don't even have words for how much I loved it. The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books and that play made it that much better, so thats something. That was all we did today. The play was like 4 hours, but it was so worth it!!! And so was seeing Cynthia nixon, and Sam waterston! I am one with the celebrities.

There you go dad!

Anyways, now i'm home. New York was a fabulous trip, but its so good to be back!
I forgot to mention last night that I went to the MET. and walked through central park.

I'm trying to make this short because I have something due tonight.


What a wonderful experience. I will never forget it!Thank you, Lynn. I love you with all my heart.

1 comment: