Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 42: Velma

Today has been bittersweet. Velma Skiles, my loving step grandmother, has passed away. She has been slowly going for the last few years, so in a way it was a relief to see her go, but very unfortunate the way she had to go.
I remember the fist weekend I met her I instantly fell in love with her. She was so fun loving, carefree, sweet and absouletly gorgeous. We bonded so fast, she accepted me as one of her own. A few days after spending time with her, we (the family) took a trip to Cow town and while we were looking at the shops laughing and playing I asked her if I could call her grandma instead of velma and all she said was "I've wanted that since I've heard about you!" I always joked with her saying that she is a mixture of both of my grandmas. I'm so blessed to have had her in my life.She was such a wonderful person! Now she won't have to suffer any longer and I know where ever she is, she is happy.

Love you grandma Velma.

No comments: