Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 46: Give me clarity?!

I'll be in oregon tomorrow!! I have still have to finish packing. I always feel like i'm forgetting so much, i hate packing and unpacking. It's really annoying.

I always hate the night before too. I get all excited and can't sleep. I just want it to be tomorrow. Well I really have nothing to talk about tonight. I haven't done anything all day, and i've mostly been preparing from the trip.

The next week my blogs will be supppper short, but thats okay, my blogs are pretty boring anyways.

So tonight while I cant sleep I wrote a short story... more like a paragraph, but eh... at least i'm writing. Okay so heres the deal... What happened to the man? I want to see if you can tell. It will help me get feedback on the clarity of my stories. K thanks! :)


“Why him?” he slowly breathed out as his body sunk deeper into the old wooden bench. He sat there motionless for some time, missing the buses as they came and went. A woman walking passed him had stopped to ask if he was alright, but he didn’t seem to notice because he didn’t answer her and she proceeded to be on her way. The man didn’t seem to notice anything, actually. Not the rain droplets that were sprinkling down his face, or maybe that was his tears, he couldn’t tell. Time had completely stopped for him. The city was a dull grey; people around him became blurry, along with the streets and parks that surrounded him. City noises had been completely drowned out by the repeated thought of “Why him? God, why not me?” After some time he began to feel the aches in his legs and bottom, the pins and tingles that were telling him that they had fallen asleep from sitting so long. But he didn’t care, that pain was nothing compared to what he felt now. Heartbreak, disgust, and anger. He knew he needed to get up and console his wife, yet every time he tried to move, the weight of his clothes pulled him down deeper into that wooden bench. Chills began to take over his body, and with every shiver he lost the motivation to move. Slowly, he pulled up his knees and wrapped his arms around his legs and in a daze he sat for hours whispering over and over “God, why him?”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He killed his son in a car accident.